I opened an eye with much effort and squinted at my sister's irritated expression peeking out from the door of the bathroom we shared.
"TIMMY!!!" she cried, calling me by my household nick, "7:00 na!"
Without a word, with a hangover and with eyes still half-closed, i dragged my cranky, rumpled self up from bed and walked to the bathroom like a zombie.
It's Wednesday again. It's the middle of the week and yet another day of eight hours of PURE lecture. Just thinkin' about how much my butt's gonna hurt again tonight made me mockingly shiver with trepidation...
I turned the shower onto Cold but it did nothing to uplift my spirits.
What's the point in going to school if I'm gonna sleep in class anyway? I smirked to myself as I poured liquid soap onto my loofah.
"TIMMY! BILISAN MOHHH!!!" I could actually imagine her uvula vibrating as she opened her mouth to scream at me from the other side of the bathroom door.
I intentionally bathed much longer than I used to.
I struggled into my daily white uniform. Would've been better if we were allowed to wear anythin' we liked instead of this hideous domestic-helper-lookin' apparel. UGH!!!
All dressed, I dragged my ass down the stairs and started towards the table to have breakfast, then saw my sister glare at me from the living room.
"Fine, fine. I'll eat in school," I rolled my eyes at her and walked out to the car.
It's sooo exhausting, trying to like something you know you'll NEVER get to like... in my case, MED SCHOOL. I go to school day after day, listen to hours of lectures on topics I have absolutely no interest in, and take exams I have to pass, simply because there's NO way I'd wanna take them up again. I end up goin' out almost every night to relax and unwind, because all I undergo is stress and frustration the entire day.
Med school is a prison. The only difference is the uniform. There, it's much, MUCH worse.

1 comment:
toni_ocean
well, you have to finish this THIS time. No backing out, because it'll only add to the present hell of you life. Wish I was there to help you unwind. Miss you, b1.
you'll make it, don't worry
Post a Comment